As business owners, it’s a constant dilemma whether to prioritise generating new leads, processing current loan applications or retaining existing clients in order to avoid the sales roller coaster – especially when you have been or are still going through an unusually busy time.
We assume that our clients know ‘who’ and ‘when’ to call when their circumstances change. It’s easier and less time-consuming than it is for us to pick up the phone to ask how they are traveling towards achieving their financial goals.
If only there were more hours in the day.
If you had more hours in the day would you call your clients and say….
“Now that your kids have left home, how about we get you into that investment property you have always wanted?”
“Now that you have paid off that car loan, can we help you start paying down your mortgage at a super-fast rate?”
What if there was an easier way to know who and when to call to potentially bring forward business – without having to pick up the phone?
Knowing exactly when a prospect or existing client is ready to utilise your services can be difficult. It would be nice to believe our clients know when to call us at the point that they require your services again, however we all know that reality tells a different story. And this is where many businesses miss opportunities.
‘It is time consuming’…
While busy doing business, how do you identify those clients who require financial assistance versus those who do not, without the time consuming process of calling them all one by one?
It can be done quite easily – if you have the right SYSTEM that is…
With an effective and efficient process, it can take as little as a few hours each week to implement a lead generation and qualification system for new leads from existing clients – leaving the majority of the week for you to focus on the delivery of your great services.
Write more business with less effort – sounds like a trick doesn’t it?
We find it surprising when we ask if brokers have a SYSTEM. The majority of the responses are “I get all my leads from ‘word of mouth’“.
Now that may be true, but our research shows us that only 5% of your clients are referring to you at any time.
We emphasise that you need to be utilising a number of different lead generation strategies and not be placing all your eggs in one basket. Relying on only one strategy (WOM) is high risk as there may come a day when your one strategy is no longer available to you.
And leaving it to chance is why most businesses only get 5% of their client base referring.
Every business is unique and accordingly there is no one size fits all lead generation strategy to grow a business.
When considering a strategy to grow your business we recommend you consider:
- the relationships and resources available to your business to determine the channel that is suitable and most likely to deliver success,
- your target audience and how you are likely to attract them to your business.
- creating a reason for them to take action, (generally referred to as your lead magnet).
This reason will need to be compelling and spark interest within your target audience.
Before you commence your lead generation activity ensure you have ‘mapped out’ the prospect’s journey – from where you have captured the prospect from until they settle business with you.
We advise you to:
- determine how you will deliver your lead magnet in the most effective and efficient way
- ensure you capture the prospect’s contact details – name, email, mobile #
- have a qualifier to ensure your follow up is productive and not wasted on tyre kickers
- have an ongoing communication system in place – the last thing you want to do is let them slip away after your follow up.
You also need to ensure your system is as simple, efficient and effective as possible to implement.
Do you have a single product or system that …
- generates new leads
- engages existing clients
- qualifies both new leads and existing clients
- can be used on a regular and consistent basis
- requires minimal time to implement?
If not, we invite you to join us online to learn the YCM lead generation and qualification system that has been around for 14 years and continues to deliver awesome results for Australian mortgage brokers!
Not sure this one is for you?
Then we encourage you to ask yourself these questions:
- Where will I acquire new leads in the next few months to keep myself going after the latest rush of business?
- Am I keeping those leads that I’ve have generated ‘warm’ while servicing other clients, or am I missing out on potential future business?
- Am I in consistent communication with my existing clients and reminding them I am still servicing their needs?
Your time is WAY TOO PRECIOUS to be trying to do all of this on your own.
Your Client Matters has been partnering with brokers to deliver all these strategies for over 16 years.
So please, reach out for a chat…
Call Your Client Matters TODAY so we can help you formulate an engagement and qualification strategy that will achieve your specific business objectives for the next few months and beyond.
We look forward to hearing from you.