I’d like to share a story with you from one of the presenters at The Adviser – Business Accelerator events in September. Phill Nosworthy presented a very engaging session on the lessons he learned about business from his grandmother’s fables when he was a child.
The story that stood out for me (this is a very condensed version) was the fable about a prince who heard some beautiful music in the distance and ordered his servants to find whatever it was that made that beautiful sound and bring it to him immediately.
After 3 days travel they found a man with a golden flute who was responsible for the beautiful sound. They took the flute and travelled 3 days back and presented the golden flute to the prince.
But alas, no matter how he waved it in the air, hit it on the ground he could NOT produce the music.
He decided to cut the flute up into hundreds of pieces, grind it down into ash, but still no noise.
What does this have to do with business?
What does this have to do with marketing?
I’m sure I don’t need to spell it out to you…
How many times do we go to events and realise we:
– ALREADY KNOW what we have to do
– ALREADY HAVE the tools to make our business work, AND
– HAVE AT OUR FINGER TIPS the instrument to make the music in our business
So, as business owners, what is stopping you from using the tools, the ideas, the systems and the collateral to make your business sing?
For most of us, we are simply too busy running the business and writing loans that we forget to carry out the absolute basics of running a successful business by:
1. Putting everyone we know on a database
2. Connecting with every one we know on a regular basis
3. Educating our client list on WHY they need to re-engage with us (or use us for the first time)
4. Making it easy for our clients to ENGAGE with us
You all have the flute. If not then it’s time to invest in one.
When you have the flute, all you need to do is:
– Use it if you know how
– Learn how to use it if you don’t
– Give it to someone else who knows how to use it
– Or train someone else to learn how to use it
Whether you are an existing marketing partner of YCM or you have never used our services before, YCM CAN and WILL help you bring out the hidden music within your business.
Lacking inspiration to wave the wand?
You have the YCM marketing magic, so let us give you the inspiration to wave that wand again.
Contact the office today on (02) 9526 9999 to book in for a chat with Deena and let us make your business sing!
Your Client Matters has the marketing magic.
You just need to wave the wand.